Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cat and frog

Last night, I awoke to find a frog hopping around near my feet. My dear kitty, Lina, had caught the frog, brought it back into my apartment, and placed it in my bed. What a malcriada! (Malcriada is one of my favorite words here. It means brat or ill-bred. It was one of the first words I learned, and I still use it all the time.) Just in case I didn´t notice the frog jumping near my feet, Lina was repeatedly attacking it under my sheets. I do believe this was a Godfather-esque threat. Granted, Lina was not sophisticated enough to chop off the head of the frog, but she did use her knowledge of what I love (frogs) to intimidate me. By placing a frog in my bed while I slept, I think she was trying to send me a message: Give me more milk and tuna or you will find more "presents" in my bed. Well, her diabolical tactics won´t work, and I think she just lost her green card to the good ole U.S. of A! If that´s the way things are going to go down, I am not taking her back to the states so that she can just terrorize Pierre and I there. Oh, and the frog survived. I put it outside and it hopped away unharmed =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home