Sunday, November 18, 2007

Goodreads

My friend Janet wrote a funny article about Goodreads for our Peace Corps Ecuador newsletter, El Clima, and I thought I´d post it because my Goodreads buddies might find it amusing. And if you are not my friend on Goodreads, why not? Let me know if you want me to send you another invitation =) I am always trying to look more established in the system! Here´s the article by the hilarious Janet Laminack (for more stuff by her, check out her blog):

How to show all your friends back home how intellectual you´ve become in PC:

1. Join http://www.goodreads.com/.
2. List all the books you´ve read since you´ve been here.
3. List all the books you´ve read that make you look smart that you can remember before PC.
4. List all the books you want to read (this is your big chance to beef up the list. . . without having to expend any effort. War and Peace? Sure. . . I´m going to read that next!)
5. Find some folks already on Good Reads so you look well established in the system (hint: Pauly and Lammy are already on and will be your friend, unless your book list is just too embarrassing.)
6. Invite your friends to join Good Reads, thus witnessing your reading prowess.

Warning: If you are only reading Harry Potter and Grisham you might miss that "intellectual" label you are seeking. There´s a fine balance to strike - too many books and people may interpret this as "S/he is doing jack sh*t in Ecuador" rather than "damn, that kid is so smart now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home