Monday, July 16, 2007

Pictures from Priscilla and Ed´s visit

Priscilla and Ed just got back from a wonderful honeymoon trip to the Galapagos; their pictures make me eager to go to the Galapagos again. I joined them for the first two days of their honeymoon, when they were in Quito. They got some amazing photos of wildlife in the Galapagos, so I thought I would share the link to their album:

http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=86141184471839958/
l=249599827/g=3994560/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

As Carrie kindly pointed out, this link does not work unless you copy and paste the top part in, and then copy and paste the bottom part in, after the first part. I had to separate the url because having it all on one line was screwing up the columns on my blog. Let me know if that works Carrie!

Here are some other random thoughts:

Trisha and I had a successful workday at the elementary school in La Asuncion today. All the kids helped, and they were great little workers. We broke up the soil and all we need to do now is add some fertilizer and fix the holes in the fence around the garden, and we´ll be ready to plant some seeds. I´ll take some pictures when we´re planting and put them on my blog. We´re going to plant vegetables, fruits, and herbs that they´ll then be able to use in the school lunches.

It seems like I will be performing another dance. . . My mentee student Gaby wants to do a traditional Tsachila dance with me, Trent, and Trisha for an upcoming youth leadership conference. We´re going to try to get some Tsachila outfits and Trent is going to show us some moves. Should be interesting. To think this all started with Julia´s birthday dance performance. . . Ever since then, I´ve found a way to make other people join me in some dance performance every year, even if it is only for my family.

I´ve found a new way to torture Trisha. She is a Green Bay Packers fan, so I wore my Bears jersey to a little get together at her house last week. She did not appreciate it, so I think I might wear it every day until she finishes her Peace Corps service =) The jersey is huge, and Lindsay thinks I look scary in it. Which is exactly the look I am going for! It can be my new self-defense strategy in Santo Domingo.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Hey Ariana... the link to the photos doesn't work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home