Saturday, May 26, 2007

Traveling letter

Pierre´s dad, Dennis, sent me an Easter card at the end of March from southern California. But it took over 6 weeks to get to Ecuador. I couldn´t figure out why until I looked at the envelope and saw the stamp below, which says "Missent to Bangkok, Thailand". It´s probably not really easy to see, but in the photo above, you can see two stamps. One reads April 8, 2007, Santo Domingo. The stamp on the right says May 7, 2007, Quito. So, I think the card actually got to Santo Domingo, where my post office box is located, and then it was sent to Bangkok and returned to Quito in early April. The card spent about a month traveling to and from Bangkok.

Why was it sent to Bangkok? I have no idea. As you can see on the envelope, it clearly says Ecuador, South America. This card traveled to 3 continents! So if you´re wondering if I received the letter or package you sent me months ago, rest assured that it is probably on its way to Asia, or maybe some other country, and will soon return to Ecuador.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home