Tuesday, January 30, 2007

This is what happens when herpetologists get bored in the field. JP and Paul had fun putting strange animals on their faces. I refused to do that, although I did let the tarantula crawl over me. JP decided to find something non-venomous to put on my face, so he suggested this snail. I thought that was just too gross, but JP didn´t mind the slime. It´s like an episode of Fear Factor! Actually, I´ve never seen that show, so I don´t know what they use.
We found this mystery snake near Jamas, but were unable to identify it. I really liked this snake, it was so graceful and calm and didn´t seem to mind being handled. Maybe it was a new species!
A more natural shot of the mystery snake.
This snowy throated kingbird liked perching near the restaurant at the beach resort.
Stick grasshoppers, like the one in this picture, look like Ents (from the Lord of the Rings) when you look at them close up. They have funny little faces.
I loved the colors on this leaf lizard (Stenocercus iridescens). They were pretty common at Lalo Loor.
The pink, yellow, and blue on the underside of this lizard were really bright; I´m not sure if this photo really shows that.
Another picture of the sleeping Galapagos tortoise.

I liked the red and black pattern on the abdomen of this tarantula. It makes it look extra fierce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home