Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gay Pride Run

New York City has some waterfalls this month, thanks to Danish artist Olafur Eliasson. There are four waterfalls up along the waterfront on East River. The waterfalls will be up from now until October 13. Pierre and I walked to the middle of the Manhattan Bridge to get a look at the waterfall under the Brooklyn Bridge.
I had to stop on the middle of the bridge to get a handstand picture for Megan. Pierre thought this picture looked very urban, with the grafitti on the ground, the chainlink fence, and the skyline behind me.

Another handstand picture for Megan, underneath the Manhattan Bridge sign.
Staring up at the supports for the bridge.
Pierre, sporting his Ecuadorian manpurse.
After checking out the waterfall, Pierre and I headed over to Little Italy for their summer festival. The streets were closed down to traffic and the place was packed. You can just barely see the Empire State Building in the background.
The next day, we headed to Central Park for the annual 5 mile Gay Pride Run. Here I am showing off the funky running tag we attached to our shoes to record our finish time.

Pierre and I looking sweaty and gross. I think I ruined that shirt. Probably not the best idea to wear that kindof a shirt for a race. My time was okay, but I was able to run the whole thing, which made me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home