Friday, September 22, 2006

Cover girl

I wrote an article earlier this year for the Endangered Species UPDATE, a journal published by the School of Natural Resources and Environment at the University of Michigan (where I completed my master´s). They used one of my photos of a cricket frog in the field for the cover, woohoo! I am now a cover photo photographer girl (not quite a cover girl). But this will help launch my career as an amateur wildlife photographer =) If anyone wants to read the article (a mini version of my thesis), let me know and I´ll send you a pdf. I thought the translocations of the cricket frog population was a big failure, but one of my collaborators at the Detroit Zoo said she heard cricket frogs calling at two of the translocation sites last summer, so I was wrong. I´ve never been so happy to be wrong! It is still too early to call the tranlocations a success, but at least some of the froggies survived and are breeding. My article and thesis was written with the premise that the tranloscations were a failure. Whoops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home